Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Stack of Jungle Animals


I have a serious addiction to stamping critters. A serious one. Probably because they are just so cute stacked! I've gotten a lot of inquires on how I do this, so I took a few work in progress photos to show you. I chose to work with my most recent stamp purchase for this quick tutorial.


I always start by laying out the un-inked photopolymer images directly onto a work surface. This time I am working with the absolutely adorable Hello Bluebird Jungle Littles critters. You want to start with an animal that is short and stout, or has a good amount of area for another critter to rest on. Then you build up from there.


I then mask and stamp, starting with the stamp on the top! After I stamped all of these guys, I chose to fussy cut around the images and color them with Copics.


Since the balloon string and lion tail where too small to fussy cut around, I stamped the images directly onto the card base instead. I adhered my fussy cut animals onto a blue card base, added some die cut grass and finished with a coordinating sentiment, also from Jungle Littles.




1 comment:

  1. Aren't they a fun little stack of cutie patooties! This is adorable Karen!

    ReplyDelete