Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Tulip Wreath


Are the tulips blooming by you yet? I have a few more weeks, and they will make their appearance. In lieu of waiting, I created a wreath of tulips for the Winnie & Walter Color April Color Combo with Heather H. Challenge. Aren't the colors so bright and vibrant?


I started by stamping the tulip bud from Winnie & Walter's Addie's Garden stamp set into a circle, overlapping slightly and forming a wreath. I then colored the blooms with Copics and added a bit of clear sparkle (I'm lacking in purple markers (the horror!) so I resorted more to a red color). I then inked the sides of the panel with some green distress inks, added a few splatters and stamped a sentiment (from MFT). The panel was then adhered to a white cardstock base.

Here's to hoping you have an excellent Easter weekend!

3 comments: