Wednesday, July 1, 2015

May Arts:: Stampendous


May Arts has teamed up with Stampendous for a whole week of inspiration! I got to work with cool, wild stamps from Stampendous and pulled out some coordinating May Arts Ribbon.

I started my first card by stamping the beautiful Pen Pattern Lion Rubber Stamp from Stampendous, and lightly coloring him with copics. I then added some details from the Wild Sayings Perfectly Clear Stamps and a background image from an older, retired Stampendous stamp. Then I finished the card with some of my go-to ribbon, 1/4" Silk Ribbon in Antique Gold (SK33) and a double bow of May Arts Burlap String in Ivory (SM09) and Antique Gold (SM32). I absolutely adore that there are so many different textures of ribbon and trims available from May Arts in the same color.


My next projects features the cool, wild inspired ribbon available at May Arts. I created a simple gift card hold and wrapped it in two rows of May Arts 5/8" Velvet Animal Print in Giraffe (429-58-13). I then made a fluffy, luscious bow of 1.25" May Arts Silk Ribbon in Antique Gold (SK33) and looped some May Arts Burlap String in Antique Gold (SM32) to complete the look. I finished the gift card with a stamped sentiment from Stampendous' Wild Sayings Perfectly Clear Stamps.


This hop has a fabulous prize associated with it! There is a $25 Ribbon Resources (May Art's Retail Online Store!) up for grabs! Stop by the May Arts Blog for more details, and see the line-up below.
Monday
Gini Williams Cagle

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

19 comments:

  1. WOW! That velvet animal print really makes the card. I am going to keep my eye out for that one. Your lion card is so soft and sweet. TFS - Viki from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am "wild" about these cards. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!) Thanks for the inspiration. :D I am from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! That lion image is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild and wonderful - both projects, I especially adore the "fluffy, luscious bow" (perfect description!)
    Tina V from Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that lion!
    I'm a Leo. The second
    card is neat looking.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, Karen, these are EXCELLENT! I love your lion the most - but that is because I immediately saw it with a lamb at his feet and it made me happy to think of one of my favorite images. Also, I have a large Maine Coon cat that sometimes reminds me of a lion. But seriously - the way you colored the lion is just amazing! It makes him look interesting but not "real". I wish I had your creative talent - but at least I can imitate you!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lion truly wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellisciousness! I love the animal print ribbon so much! Your cards are both awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize the giraffe print was ribbon till I came by your blog. I like the layers of ribbons and twine you used. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lion is great. Love the gireffe paper.
    thanks for sharing two wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are fantastic! Just love the coloring in the lion's mane and the sweet bow. And WOW just love everything about the giraffe ribbon card. Thank you for sharing your fabulous cards with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these colors. And beautiful color combination of paper, ink , stamp with color ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards. I really like the bold print on your second card, super. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute cards. The lion is my fave. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUS lion!!!
    LOVE the silk ribbon & burlap string!!!
    The combo on your gift card holder is lovely too … I really do need to mix and match more – THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Great cards! I so wish I could make one! Love the lion!! TYFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great coloring of the lion image and love the ribbon treatment on the second card.

    ReplyDelete